Daily Confessions 11: The Starbucks Experience

Starbucks has conquered almost the whole Metro Manila. Too many branches have been established on various locations. That’s why my curiosity doesn’t stop me from knowing the difference between an ordinary coffee that cost 5 Php and a Starbucks coffee that cost almost a hundred bucks.

I want to try something new… something I’ve never done or tasted yet before and that’s why I went to the nearest Starbucks branch on our office. My very first coffee was the Mocha Frappe. I’ve always been a fan of Mocha. Yes it’s expensive but now that my standard of living stepped the next level, that won’t be a problem. It’s not everyday that I drink Starbucks coffee. Two or three times a month is fine with me.

Then I tried
Java Chip. It’s the same as the Mocha Frappe but including the grinded chocolate chips on my drink was a lot different. I still enjoy Java Chip for many times until I asked my sister out. She ordered a Coffee Jelly and I was really envious zipping the same Java Chip, lol! So I tried, Coffee Jelly. The jellies at the bottom were really interesting. I never thought that jelly and coffee was a good combination. Actually, I’m enjoying a Grande Coffee Jelly why writing this blog. =]

During their Christmas seasons, they always have a promo. They will give you a simple card and there are markers there to indicating how many drinks you should buy to get an item for free. Last Christmas, 16 drinks were required to get a free
Starbucks 2009 Planner. Your card will be stickered for one Starbucks drink you will purchase. The planner comes in three colors: red, blue and black. I won’t miss this for the world! I increase my weekly dose of Starbucks from once to thrice. So I make it a point to go to Starbucks at trice a week so that I can complete the 16 drinks before the promo runs out. 16 drinks were really hard to complete for coming on the shop trice a week. I can feel that my veins were filled with flowing coffee no blood anymore. I asked my officemates to come with me during my visit and asked for their stickers. They were kind enough to lend me their stickers and I’m thankful for that. We repeat the same routine until I completed my 16 stickers. Guess what? I got my Starbucks Planner in just two weeks! Hahahaha!

My recent visit to Starbucks was really wonderful. I’m with my mother, my sister and brother when we visit a large aquarium in Manila named Manila Ocean Park. It was a really an unforgettable experience because I go out with my family which is very rare. After we finished taking too many pictures – with the fishes – we need to rest our tired feet on a nearest Starbucks. It was my treat again since they don’t want to spend their own money and my feet are really killing me so I insisted that it was my treat. I was about to pay when I saw that my receipt was very long. At first I was thinking that it was from the previous customer but its not. The cashier then started talking to me and explaining why I have very long receipt. I was randomly selected by their machines for a free Complement Beverage. I was entitled for a free Tall drink with any flavor. What I need to do was to log my experiences to Starbucks site printed on the receipt and share my experience with it. Then a Complement Beverage ID will be given to me that I should write on the receipt then surrender to any Starbucks branch to claim my Complement Beverage. It was really fun that I got a free beverage. Hehehehe! I log my experience on the site and got my Complement Beverage Code. I haven’t claim my free drink yet since I’m stuck in a 12-hour shift for two days now. =[

My experiences and impression with Starbucks was not really bad at all except for the misspelled name they always name on my cup: Ruel, Roel, Rowel and many more. The satisfactions I feel for every visit I made is always the same and make me expect more on my next visit. It wasn’t really bad at all. Although my colleagues always saying I’m a success person because of the frequent visits and the flavors I’ve tasted. The price of the drink is totally out of the picture. The patience that I received when I’m standing in front of the cashier for couple of minutes deciding what drink I should buy is quite rewarding. It always ends up buying the same drink all over again. The warmth of greeting for every customer that entered the shop is very welcoming and the aroma of the coffee beans inside the store is very relaxing and invigorating. The price is acceptable and reasonable not just for the taste of every drink but also for the service of the staff that make me feel I belong.

0 comments: